Firefox Quantum Debian – Since the launch of Firefox Quantum, Mozilla Corporation has upped their game. Firefox Quantum is known to be faster and better than its predecessor. Mozilla Firefox is the second most used web browser on the internet.
It is the browser that focuses on speed as well as the privacy of the user. With the launch of Firefox Quantum, Mozilla has increased the speed of its browser. Many people have switched from Chrome to Firefox Quantum because of better speed as well as the security and privacy of the user.
Firefox is not only available for Windows desktop but also on Android, iOS, Mac and Linux based desktops. What is the reason for the sudden popularity of Firefox Quantum? Is it’s because of new features? The answer is YES. Let’s have a look at some of the feature of Firefox Quantum.
Also, Read – Firefox Quantum Portable
Features: Firefox Quantum Debian
- Firefox Quantum is more customizable than some of the popular browser on the internet.
- Unlike Google Chrome, Firefox Quantum focuses on the security and privacy of its users. Firefox Quantum has an option to disable trackers.
- Firefox Quantum provides best extension support compared to any other web browser. It has better adblock support. You can even disable the pop-up ads in Firefox Quantum.
- Firefox Quantum provides some great inbuilt apps to enhance the user experience. You get Screenshot app to screenshot any part of the webpage on the browser. You also get a reader view app to enhance your reading experience in the browser by blocking all the irritating ads to help you focus on your writing.
- Synchronization of the Firefox quantum is encrypted.
- Firefox Quantum doesn’t consume much memory and it works as efficient as Google Chrome. As compared to Firefox Quantum, Google Chrome feels a little laggy to many users.
- Firefox Quantum provides the master password to protect all of your important passwords.
- Firefox Quantum has a Photon user interface that focuses on the speed and performance. The UI of Firefox Quantum is easy to use and user-friendly.
- As compared to Google Chrome, Firefox Quantum provides a better built-in download manager. You can pause the downloading process in Mozilla’s inbuilt download manager.
- You can import all of your bookmarks, saved the site to Firefox Quantum from other browsers.
These are some of the features offered by the new Firefox Quantum. You will get to know more about them while using the browser yourself.
Today, we are going to show you how can you download Firefox Quantum on Debian OS. Follow the article below to find out
How to Download Firefox Quantum Debian
You can install 3 types of Firefox version on your Debian operating system: Firefox Stable, Beta or Nightly. Follow the steps below to install one of the versions on your Debian OS.
- Download the Firefox Quantum from the official website: “https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/”.
- Download one of the version: Stable, Nightly, Beta
- Uncompress the archive that has been downloaded in the /*opt* folder. You can install it system-wide(only for rooted users) or in the home folder.
- Now, create a desktop file named *firefox-stable.desktop* in */usr/share/applications*, if you want to install it system wide or in .local/share/applications if you want to install it for current users.
Firefox Quantum will be installed on your Debian Operating System.